Spider AF automatically tracks fraudulent users. You can prevent this traffic with audience exclusion. We recommend that you enable this each time you create a new campaign or ad set.
This article explains how to set up audience exclusion with Facebook Ads using your audience tag.
If you haven't set up an audience tag yet, see How to set up an audience tag with Facebook Ads. To set up this tag, you create a Meta Pixel and send it to us. We fire the pixel, which allows you to use it for audience exclusion.
Create the audience for exclusion
- Log in to Facebook Business Manager.
If you are using a personal account, you may see Meta Business Suite instead of the interface below. Make sure to log in to your business account.
- Click the All tools button on the left menu, then click Events Manager.
- Select the pixel you created for Spider AF on the left.
Click the Create button at the top right, then click Create Custom Audience.
- Select your account and click Next.
- On the next page, use these options:
For the Include people section, select ANY.
For Events, select All website visitors.
For Retention, type in 180.
Add a name for the audience, then click the Create Audience button.
- Click Done.
This creates a custom audience. Spider AF counts invalid traffic differently from Facebook. The size of the audience may not match the value on your Dashboard.
Add audience exclusion to ad sets
With Facebook Ads, you must apply audience exclusion for each ad set.
- Click the All tools button on the left menu, then click Ads Manager.
- Click the Ad sets tab, then click the Edit button for the ad set you want to modify.
- Click the Exclude button.
- Below the EXCLUDE heading, click the Search existing audiences field.
Click Custom Audience, then select the audience you created above.
- Double-check that the audience for exclusion is in the EXCLUDE section, then click Next.
- In the Tracking section on the next page, uncheck the box for Website events to remove the exclusion pixel. You can still track other pixels or events.
- Make sure that the exclusion pixel is not showing, then click the Publish button.
We can guide you through this setup with screen sharing. Please contact us if you have any trouble.